A TIE Fighter pilot

 
IMG_0023.jpg

Growing up, my favorite computer game was “TIE Fighter”. I’ve been thinking about doing a TIE Fighter sketch for some time now. This weekend, I finally got around to doing it.

This was sketched using Procreate on an iPad Pro. It was an interesting exercise rendering a black object using blue and red lighting. The result is an intimidating Imperial pilot.

A rose for Mothers Day

 

This year, my mom set some interesting rules for Mothers Day. I couldn’t send a card, flowers or a gift that costs too much money. So, I would naturally decide to create a sketch. At times I can be upset at my family, but they have always been there for my and have been supportive. I’m very grateful.

I was going to send some roses, but a sketch is an interesting challenge. I looked up roses with an image search and created a sketch based on references. This was a sketch using a various different types of markers on Letraset paper. I finished it with pencil outlines. It was a lot of fun sketching with good old fashioned markers and paper. Digital sketching is great, but its always good to have a foundation.

In honor of my cousin, Rakesh Engineer

 

Around a month ago, my cousin passed away in his sleep. It came as a surprise to all of us in our family. He was 49, athletic and a very healthy man. Not only that, he was a great cousin, brother, husband and father. His death was very shocking and really hit me.

In honor of Rakesh, I created a sketch that captured his smile and optimism in his eyes. This sketch was then framed and sent to his wife. I really hope the best for his family. Rakesh will always be in our hearts.

Learning Solidworks and updating my portfolio

 
Hoover 2 04232019.jpg
Hoover 04232019.jpg
Hoover 04232019 copy.jpg

Right now I’m in the process of revamping my portfolio. I took out some projects and even added a few. I’m currently in the process of revisiting a personal project that I’ve worked on while at Soulcake. It was a rebranding exercise, and I chose to rebrand Hoover.

This project ended with a polished sketch, but I wasn’t confident in my CAD skills in 2014. I’ve learned much since then and have been using this project as a way to learn Solidworks. It has been an interesting challenge going from Creo to Solidworks. A lot of the fundamentals are the same, but the interfaces are different.

I had a critique about this project recently and I’m in the process of a redesigning this vacuum cleaner. I did some additional research and have a better idea of how this vacuum cleaner will fit into the marketplace and the audience for this design. The next step will be to do some ideation and update this design for 2019.